1. Purpose, scope and users
Our Privacy Notice was last updated on August 22nd, 2023. This Privacy Notice describes our policies and procedures on the collection, use and disclosure of your information when you use the Service and informs you of your privacy rights and how the law protects you. We use your personal data to provide and improve our services. By using cosmeinc.com, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
2. Collection and use of your personal data
2.1. What data do we collect?
Our company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, e-mail address, company name and telephone number)
2.1.1. Usage data
Usage Data is collected automatically when you visit our website.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (for example, IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on these pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you are using, your unique mobile device identifier, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
2.1.2. Tracking technologies and cookies
- Web beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, web beacons and single-pixel gifs) which enable the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity). Cookies can be either “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you log out, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Cookies can be either “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you log out, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / essential cookies
Type : Session cookies
Administered by : We
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with the services available on the Web site and to enable you to use some of its functionalities. They help authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with these services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice acceptance cookies
Type : Persistent cookies
Administered by : We
- Functionality cookies
Type : Persistent cookies
Administered by : We
Purpose: These cookies enable us to remember the choices you make when using the website, such as remembering your login information or language preferences. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences each time you use the website.
- Tracking and performance cookies
Type : Persistent cookies
Administered by : Third Party
Purpose: These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the website and how users use the website. The information collected via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is generally linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website. We may also use these cookies to test new pages, features or functions on the website to see how our users react to them.
2.2. How do we collect your data?
You provide most of the data we collect directly to our company. We collect data and process data when you :
- Request a quote using our quote forms
- Contact us via one of our contact forms or by e-mail.
- User or consult our website via your browser’s cookies.
3. Use of your personal data
Our company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Send yourself an e-mail with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Send any requested quotation for our products.
4. How do we store your data and for how long?
When you enter any of your information on our website, we will retain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete that information.
Our company would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always unsubscribe at a later date.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the company’s operating offices and at any other location where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that such information may be transferred to and stored on computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this privacy notice followed by your submission of this information represents your agreement to this transfer.
The Company will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and no transfer of your personal data will take place to any organization or country unless there are adequate controls in place, including the security of your data and other personal information.
7. Disclosure of your personal data
7.1. Commercial transactions
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, your personal data may be transferred. We will provide notice before your personal data is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy notice.
7.2. Application of the law
In certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (for example, a court or government agency).
7.3. Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Complying with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the Company’s rights and property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in relation to the Service
- Protect the personal safety of service users or the public
- Protection against legal liability
8. Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Legal basis for processing personal data
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: The provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or any pre-contractual obligations thereof. ● Legal obligations: The processing of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: The processing of personal data is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another individual.
- Public interest: The processing of personal data is linked to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the Company.
- Legitimate interests: The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the company.
In all cases, the Company will be happy to help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
9.1. Your rights
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of your personal data and to guarantee that you can exercise your rights.
Under this Privacy Notice, and by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you. Whenever possible, you can access, update or request the deletion of your personal data directly in the settings section of your account. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance. This also enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. You have the right to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Object to the processing of your personal data. This right exists when we rely on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object when we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the deletion of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide you, or a third party chosen by you, with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information that you have initially consented to us using or where we have used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to specific features of the Service.
9.2. Exercising your data protection rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will do our best to respond as soon as possible. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in Quebec, please visit the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec.
10. Links to other websites
Our Service may contain links to other Web sites that are not operated by Us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise you to consult the privacy notice of each site you visit. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party site or service.
11. Changes to this privacy notice
We may update our privacy notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new privacy notice on this page. We will notify you by e-mail and/or a prominent notice on Our Service, prior to the change taking effect and will update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Privacy Notice. You should check this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when posted on this page.
12. Contact us
If you have any questions about our company’s privacy notice, the data we hold about you, or if you wish to exercise any of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer: Marc Li
13. How to contact the competent authority
If you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that your concern has not been satisfactorily addressed by our company, you may contact the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec.
Commission d’accès à l’information
525 René-Lévesque Blvd. East
Quebec City, Quebec G1R 5S9